Saturday, October 11, 2008

ODE TO THE CENTURY FURNITURE CATALOGUE 1947-97

As much as I enjoy marketing, I would never have conceived up a restaurant in a furniture store, but I am so glad the Mathis Brothers did. I may spend the weekend there with a friend.


ODE TO THE CENTURY FURNITURE CATALOGUE
1947-97

Home is where one starts from.
T. S. Eliot

The strength of a nation is derived from the integrity of its homes.
Confucius

I had three chairs in my house. One for solitude, two for friendship,
and three for society. Thoreau

Have nothing in your home that is not useful and beautiful. William Morris

Every great architect is a great poet. Every great home is a great poem.
Frank Lloyd Wright

The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it.
Emerson

What is more agreeable than one’s home? Cicero

The house of everyone is to him as his castle and fortress.
Sir Edward Coke



Dedicated
to
Mathis Brothers Furniture Store

2 comments:

Amanda Fortney said...

i love these quotes!

Dee Anne said...

Having a Ph.D. in subscription
interior design magazines I can
totally appreciate this!

Dee Anne