Monday, July 29, 2013

CLEANING OUT MY FILE CABINETS, I LEARNED . . .

 I have been encouraged for decades by fellow teachers, friends, colleagues, relatives, students, professors (and all of their collective relatives and friends) to keep writing.
Brightly illustrated stories prove that someone out there is listening, reading, buying, communicating, paying and publishing.  One story sold in 1990 and was not published until 2000!    The huge file of rejection slips is proof that I never, never, never, never gave up.
I also have done (written) over 50 writing workshops on everything from stand-up comedy to journaling.
I can still Goggle my anthology title and find it on www.amazon.com.
I have my first fan letter in my hand thanks to Carly Wegener Tribbey.  I am humbled.  She wrote!
Obviously, I am keeping this letter and lots of other written stuff.  Oh, good cow.  If I am writing this, where will I store it?  Facebook?  Reeaaaaaly?  The I cloud –really?  My computer—really?  Realllllly?  I need to lie down and think this over.
I know we have gone from the chisel to the computer, but where is all this WRITING going now?  Facebook, I cloud, blog.  Who will read this in 20 years . . . again?    Is this the beginning of something wonderful and new or the end?  Hmmmm?  I just lost my wifi connection.  See what I mean? 
 

No comments: